About the Gandhi Mandela Foundation:-
On 25th October 2019 A New Delhi based non-profit organization, The Gandhi Mandela Foundation has constituted India’s first International Award called “The Gandhi Mandela Award”. This Award was announced on the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi (i.e 2nd October 2019) and will be organizing the event in India this December. It is committed to the ideas and ideals of Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela. And Established under the aegis of interactive Forum on Indian Economy (a govt of India recognized 80G, 12A complaint). The foundation has received nominations from more than 30 countries including Asia and Africa.
Who and in what fields will be honored with this award?
The foundation will honor exemplary work and achievements of states/government Heads, Individuals, organizations and more around the world. The following are the fields in which the personalities had made a significant contribution – Peace, Social Welfare, Culture, Environment, Education, Healthcare, Sports and Innovation.
Secretary-General of Gandhi Mandela Foundation?
The awardees will be selected by the Jury members, which includes former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court and Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission of India, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
Where and When?
The 1st Edition of The Gandhi Mandela Award will be organized in India this year. And the 2nd Edition is planned to be held in London on 2nd October 2020. The event will be organized around the world in the coming years.
At Present Jury Members:-
- Chief Justice of India = Justice KG Balakrishnan & Justice Dipak Mishra.
- Former Chief Justice of Bangladesh = Justice M D Tafazzul Islam
- International Yoga Guru and Founder of Patanjali = YogpeethBaba Ramdev
- Former Justice of the Supreme Court of India = Justice Gyan Sudha Misra.
Nominees for Gandhi Mandela Award 2019?
- Prime Minister of Nepal = Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli
- First President and Father of Zambia = Kenneth DB Kaunda
- First President and Father of Bangladesh = Late Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
- First President and Father of Sri Lanka = Late Don Stephen Senanayake
- Former Deputy Prime Minister of India = Lal Krishna Advani
- Government of United Arab Emirates, the first lady of the Republic of Burundi = Denise Bucumi Nkurunziza
- President of Democratic Republic of Congo = Felix Tshisekedi
- Prime Minister of Togo = Komi SelomKlassou
- Ambassador of Afghanistan to India = Mohammad Naim Taher Qaderi
- the OCP Foundation from the kingdom of Morocco.
- India Philanthropists = Rajashree Birla and Azim Premji
- Chairman Emeritus- Tata Sons Ratan Tata
- Indian Actor, Filmmaker, and Social Activist = Amir Khan
- Legendary Playback singer = Lata Mangeshkar
- World Boxing Champion = Mary Kom
- Bangladesh Cricketer = Shakib Al Hasan
- Social Activist = Anna Hazare
- International Mystic = Sadguru Jaggi Vasudev.
Winners of The Gandhi Mandela Award 2019:-
The list will be updated in December 2019. (Stay Tuned)